Nucleus Real Estate
Last updated: 01/08/2019
Our website address is https://www.nucleusrealestate.com.au
The notice is provided to you pursuant to the obligations placed upon this real estate agency and other organisations by the Privacy Act, 1988, and the associated Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
It is important that readers of this statement note that we may change our collection notices from time to time as part of our commitment to ensuring that we comply with all of our obligations under the APPs. Persons who access this real estate agency’s internet site are urged to check to see whether we have amended our collection notices by returning to this site from time to time. To assist in this process, the date of the last update to this collection notice is recorded at the top of this statement.
Our Contact Details and Privacy Officer
The contact details for this real estate agency are available from this website.
The particular contact details for our Privacy Officer are as follows:
Name: Tony Moore
Telephone: +61 (0)410 443 735
When we collection information
This real estate agency collects information in the following circumstances:
- From individuals, agents and representatives (e.g. lawyers, settlement agents, accountants, financial advisers, banks);
- By buyers, sellers, lessors, tenants or other users of our services or, alternatively, by potential users of those services;
- Through our website;
- Through publicly available information services (e.g. social media, local councils, Landgate, telephone white pages, internet records);
- When we are required to collect the information by virtue of legal or regulatory requirements (e.g. the provisions of the Real Estate and Business Agents Act, 1978);
- When individuals participate in competitions or surveys conducted by the real estate agency (or third parties, on our behalf) including, but not limited to, surveys relating to the quality of our services provided and surveys relating to real estate matters;
- From databases kept by third parties regarding individual’s rental histories;
- From other real estate agents (e.g. when the agency is involved in a conjunctional sale of land or when we act for a buyer in a transaction);
- From forms used by us as part of the delivery of our services (e.g. listing authorities, property reports, leases, leasing applications).
Legal requirements to collect information
This real estate agency may, from time to time, be required to collect information as a consequence of legal requirements upon us to collect information. Examples of these requirements include information that we are obliged to collect under the Real Estate and Business Agent’s Act, 1978, such as details for listing authorities, and information under the Residential Tenancies Act, 1987, such as a tenant’s details for a lease.
Further information regarding these obligations can be obtained by contacting our Privacy Officer at the details set out above.
How we use your data
We collect information on our internet site and elsewhere for the following purposes:
- To enable us to provide services in connection with the sale and/or leasing of properties and/or businesses;
- To provide advice to customers and prospective customers with respect to real estate and/or business agency matters;
- We obtain information from Landgate, to assist us in the valuing, selling and/or leasing of properties and/or businesses;
- To assess applications for residential and commercial tenancies;
- To assist us with marketing the services of the agency;
- To enable us to advise our clients of additional information or services supplied by us (or by third parties) that may be of interest to them;
- To enable us to efficiently manage our business;
- To assist with our delivery of services via the internet;
- For research and statistical purposes.
Where we send your data
- We provide personal information to our contractors, who provide us with services to assist us with conducting our business;
- We provide information to the Real Estate Institute of Western Australia (Inc) and other providers of real estate internet services to enable us to market properties, promote our services and conduct our business through the internet;
- We provide information to conveyancing services, property settlement agents and/or financial advice and services.
What happens if information is not provided
If a person objects to this real estate agency collecting information about them via its website or otherwise, we may not be able to provide services as effectively, or at all, to that person.
Further details regarding this may be obtained by contacting our Privacy Officer as per the details set out above.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
- To our contractors, who provide us with services to assist us with conducting our business;
- To the Real Estate Institute of Western Australia (Inc) and other providers of real estate internet services to enable us to market properties, promote our services and conduct our business through the internet;
- For research and statistical purposes;
- To tenancy database providers, in circumstances where we reasonably believe those providers comply with their obligations under the APPs;
- We may store information on data storage facilities provided by third parties.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Whenever you use our website, and many other websites, the computer on which the web pages are stored (the web server) needs to know the network address of your computer so that it can send the requested web pages to your internet browser. The unique network address of your computer is called its ‘IP address’ and is sent automatically each time you access any internet site. From a computer’s IP address, it is possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer, but otherwise it is anonymous.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string, to help spam detection.
After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
We do not keep a record of the IP addresses from which users access the site, except where the user has specifically provided it with information about themselves, in which case we also record the user’s IP address for security purposes.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
‘Cookies’ are pieces of information that websites transfer to an individual computer’s hard drive for record keeping purposes. That “cookie” assigns a unique identification that allows a website to recognise you when you return to that site.
Most internet browsers enable individuals to refuse to accept cookies. If an individual exercises such a choice you will still be able view most of the text on this internet site. However, you will not experience a personalised visit.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded Content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with and how long we keep it
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
Any information about an individual is stored in a reasonable state of security. Individuals have certain rights under the APPs to access information stored by an organisation about them.
Should a person wish to contact us to gain access to the details of the information stored by us regarding that individual, that person should make contact with our Privacy Officer. Subject to legal obligations upon this real estate agency, including our rights and obligations under the Privacy Act, 1988, we will provide that access. We reserve the right to make a reasonable charge to cover our costs for granting that access.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Queries and Complaints
Any queries that the reader of this document may have about this real estate agency’s privacy compliance should be directed to our Privacy Officer at the details set out above.
If you wish to make a complaint about the manner in which this real estate agency has dealt with any privacy issue, you should contact our Privacy Officer.