Luxury Eco-friendly Family Home
How many flat, landscaped, hillside blocks are on the market that include a large, stylish, eco-friendly modern home and a shed which can accommodate all your toys and still leave room to run a significant business? This is a very rare property and will make a wonderful home for a lucky family.
Built and landscaped to be the owners’ “Forever Home”, unfortunately circumstances have now forced the owners to sell. This is a very reluctant sale and the features below provide comprehensive proof of the love and passion they have put into this property.
This large, single level home will easily accommodate your family and guests with room to spare. Designed from the ground up for low maintenance and low energy consumption, every detail has been meticulously attended to, including low voltage lighting, fans and appliances.
The house is 8-star energy efficient with every eco touch imaginable, from maximum insulation to eco Plantation shutters providing cool rooms on the Eastern side of the house in the morning. Styled with solid European oak wood flooring throughout for longevity and easy maintenance, the clever design and high ceilings allow for an abundance of light and cooling breezes without the need for air conditioning.
Other features include:
- Low voltage induction cook top.
- Water filters in the kitchen and ensuite bathroom.
- Walk-in glassless double shower featuring a massive rain shower head.
- Double bathtub with high walls and centrally located water spout.
- Double sliding doors opening out from the spacious living area to an undercover entertaining and poolside alfresco area.
- A huge 128m2 pool deck, perfect for a family get-together, surrounds the 9.6m pool and features a glass fronted pool fence to afford maximum visibility of the sparkling turquoise water from the house.
- Four spacious bedrooms (or 3 plus a large office).
- A walk-in pantry and separate laundry complete this striking modern home.
- Both front and back yards are extensively landscaped for low maintenance and have been designed for privacy. The back yard is dominated by a large Buffalo grass lawn with plenty of room to kick a ball around or enjoy some backyard cricket.
- Irrigation has been installed throughout and is run from a 25,000 litre water tank and pump system.
- Drainage ensures the property is protected from run-off.
- Sealed concrete driveway measuring over 300m2 with a premium Rockcote finish to provide a stunning and long-lasting feature.
- The enormous 210m2 shed features opaque panels around the top of the walls to reduce the need to run lighting and provides ample space for at least 16 cars or an RV, boat, jet skis and all the toys you need. For others it also presents the perfect opportunity to run a home-based business.
- The shed also supports a 6kw solar system to offset energy costs, which complements the solar water heating and temperature controlled solar pool heating on the house roof for all-year-round swimming.